HomeForumGeneralGeneral Weim Discussion
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Raw diet for new puppy

Raw diet for new puppy 06 Aug 2013 12:40 #306142

I just bought my first Weimaraner and he is awesome. I have been looking around on the forum for raw food diets. I have been thinking of putting him and my Siberian Husky on a raw food diet. I have a couple questions if anyone can help. I was wondering for the people that do give there dogs raw food where do you look for the food? Also how much would i feed my puppy he is only 13 weeks and weighs about 20 pounds. Any help would be great.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Raw diet for new puppy 06 Aug 2013 13:18 #306143

• Ocha
  • Young Weim
  • Thank you received: 51
Look at:

www.darwinspet.com/

This is the one I used and highly recommended. The people at the customer service will help you calculate how much you need.

If you are looking at making it yourself, then I am of not much help but there are lots of people here that can help. Also look in the forum archive for raw diet and you might find a lot of the previous discussions.

Re: Raw diet for new puppy 06 Aug 2013 13:21 #306144

• Awalter
  • Wise Old Weim
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello and welcome! I personally don't feed raw, so i'm not much help, but there are a lot of people on here and threads about feeding raw. I know there were some good ones recently and a quick search of the forum should point you in the right direction!

Re: Raw diet for new puppy 06 Aug 2013 13:53 #306146

• Twiggy02
  • Adult Weim
  • Thank you received: 46
Stormy gets half raw diet and grain free kibble. He does great on this diet, has since he was 3 months old, he is now 1yr 4mnth. I grind all of my own chicken and turkey. I buy chicken necks and turkey thigh deboned, turkey breast deboned. Chicken livers, chicken gizzards,beef liver and beef heart. That is what I feed, others feed different things too. I grind the chicken necks raw so the bones are small.He gets Raw shank beef bones, they don't splinter. Hope this was some help. You can always private message me if you want to. Have feed all my dogs this way for 12 yrs.:)
Last Edit: 06 Aug 2013 13:54 by Twiggy02.
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds