HomeForumRescueUpcoming Rescue EventsTrails for Tails 5K - Akron, Ohio
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Nature's Logic??

Nature's Logic?? 26 May 2011 10:53 #256019

• ihlenfea
  • Wise Old Weim
  • Thank you received: 26
I am feeding the girls Taste of the Wild... but I'm trying to find a new food for them..... I really have liked Taste of the Wild for the most part.. however with some of the issues Bayliss has been having I been debating switching... I talked to a woman that owns a high-quality pet food store here in my area (and I love that they will not sell puppies!!) but she was saying that some foods are "hot" and some foods are "cold" and with Bayliss having issues with her stomach and seems to get a lot of irregular bacteria in her colin and track.. she told me that I should try to stay away of "hot" foods... and bison, lamb are "hots" ..... she recommended Chicken, Beef, and Salmon... and with that, being said I really couldn't stick to Taste of the Wild... Ugh I wish I knew how to explain the "hot" and "cold" better.. but what she was saying made sense to me.. I've also considered going back to a pre-mix raw diet, but it's just so expensive!!!! I don't feel comfortable making it myself as I'm too worried she wont get everything that is needed....

But I've been looking at Natures Logic, wondering if anyone has fed and if you liked it?? Does anyone have any other high-quality grain free foods???

http://www.natureslogic.com/ - Here is the website.... seems pretty good.

Thanks guys!
Slobbers & Wiggles - Dottie, Bayliss, Zoom & Caboose

dotbzoom.blogspot.com/
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Nature's Logic?? 26 May 2011 17:38 #256081

• whatagoon
  • Wise Old Weim
  • Thank you received: 105
I've not heard of that brand sorry. Does it seem greatly different than the TOTW to justify a change? Doesn't TOTW make a salmon variety? (not sure, I dd look into that brand but chose another). I would want to make sure that it is convienent to buy. Does another store in the area sell it? Nothing worse than going to buy it because you have 1/2cup left and they aren't getting a shipment until next week, and yes that has happened to me.

Could you only do raw for Bayliss? If you think she will do much better on it but then not the expense of feeding 3 dogs raw.

If you think of another way to explain the hot and cold foods I'd be interested in hearing it because right now I don't get that at all!

My girls are on Earthborn Holisitic, they have 3 grain free varities (2 are new). They're on the primitive natural and do just fine on it (River has a sensitive stomach also).
http://www.earthbornholisticpetfood.com/us/dog_formulas/
Kate, River & Izze

Nature's Logic?? 26 May 2011 17:55 #256082

I'm glad you found a store that is like that, they are very handy to have. As for the food, it seems good when I read the ingredients...not sure on the use of millet as the second ingredient (a grain?)? I also thought "beef fat" was a little too high, being third on the ingredient list. Fat is usually 5th and sometimes 4th on the ingredient list.
I would take the protein level down from TOTW, too. I like that Nature's Logic is lower at 31%. In my opinion, anything getting over about 33% is high.
Is what she means about the hot and cold thing being like rich meats (bison, lamb etc) vs not-so-rich meats (chicken, salmon)??

Do you get the brand of food called "Now!" there? I really like their ingredient list and protein content. Even their fish that they source has not been preserved with ethoxyquin. In dog food, you are allowed to use it and not state on the ingredient list that it has been preserved with ethoxyquin, so beware of that and look for a guarantee!

Nature's Logic?? 31 May 2011 11:04 #256433

• idaviruma
  • Wise Old Weim
  • Thank you received: 4
I fed it shortly to Uno when it came out, but he didnt do well on it because it has yeast in it (he's allergic), but if your dogs dont have issues with it, its a great food.
Please take a moment to check these great organizations, they need our help!
~ Help Save One~
www.helpsaveone.org

~Coalition to Unchain Dogs~
www.unchaindogs.net

Nature's Logic?? 31 May 2011 11:43 #256437

• tltrooster
  • Wise Old Weim
  • Thank you received: 11
We feed the Pacific Stream Canine Formula from Taste of the wild. Not sure of you get this in your area. Champ does great on it.

Smoked Salmon
For All Life Stages
Grain-Free
Salmon & Smoked Salmon
Omega Fatty Acid Blend
Antioxidants
Digestive Support System
Potato Fiber
Sweet Potatoes
Berry Blend
Tomatoes
No Corn, No Soy
Chelated Minerals

A fish protein, grain-free formula for all life stages with sweet potatoes provides highly digestible energy for your sensitive dog. Made with real smoked salmon, this formula offers a taste sensation like no other. Supplemented with fruits and vegetables, this fish and potato formula delivers natural antioxidants to protect your friend's body from the damage of everyday living, supporting a healthy immune system and overall good health. Your dog craves a taste of the wild. Go ahead and give him one.

Protein: 25% Fat: 15%
Calcium: 1.9%, as-fed; Phosphorus: 1.1%, as-fed
Calories: 3,600 kcal/kg (360 kcal/cup) Calculated Metabolizable Energy
Available in 5lb, 15lb and 30lb bags.

Ingredients
Salmon, ocean fish meal, sweet potatoes, potatoes, canola oil, salmon meal, smoked salmon, potato fiber, natural flavor, salt, choline chloride, dried chicory root, tomatoes, blueberries, raspberries, yucca schidigera extract, dried fermentation products of Enterococcus faecium, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei and Lactobacillus plantarum, dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum fermentation extract, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1), manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, niacin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin (vitamin B2), vitamin D supplement, folic acid.
The average dog has one request to all humankind. Love me.
Helen Exley
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds