HomeForumHealth and NutritionGeneticsMy Weimaraner is 118 lbs and purebred
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Natural Balance vs. Blue Buffalo

Natural Balance vs. Blue Buffalo 19 Mar 2010 06:43 #204128

• dewfen
  • Thank you received: 1
We're heading back to the Natural Balance brand dog food. I believe I read out here that someone was a rep for this brand and was wondering who that was, if they still are a rep and if they happen to still have coupons available. I've been using Blue Buffalo for a while but something has changed - no one will eat it anymore and when they do they appear to have lost consistancy in their poop. I tried different variations of BB lately but decided to just give up and go back to NB. We've also been trying the different NB variations and everyone seems to be agreeing with the Sweet Potato and Venison (wasn't too keen on the Bison or Fish) so back we go. So if the rep is still out here, can you PM me? Please.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Natural Balance vs. Blue Buffalo 19 Mar 2010 10:05 #204150

• weimamama
  • Thank you received: 53
Hi there! I'm the NB rep :D (I pm'd you...)

Just an aside to all who wonder if I push it because I get paid by them... I dont . I became a rep because it's good food and my Weims did so well on it!
I actually tried BB BEFORE NB when the food we were using was recalled (RC) in 2007. We found the BB too rich for BnJ and so when my husband suggested NB (He works at Petco) we tried it and they did so well on it, I wrote to the company asking to become a rep!!

Adopt a Senior Weim... Old dogs can teach you new tricks!
Old Dogs Rule

hotdogjunie.blogspot.com

Natural Balance vs. Blue Buffalo 19 Mar 2010 10:57 #204168

• idaviruma
  • Wise Old Weim
  • Thank you received: 4
I'm not a fan of NB (no offense to those who like it), its a very carb heavy food and they recently reformulated, cutting out even more meat, so its basically a sack of potatoes since theres not even a meat meal in the first 3 ingridients.
If I were to feed their food, it would only be the AMP ultra active, since it has a tad bit more meat in it.

I never tried BB either (except their grain free line), a lot of people complain that it gives their dogs gas, so there must be something in it.
Please take a moment to check these great organizations, they need our help!
~ Help Save One~
www.helpsaveone.org

~Coalition to Unchain Dogs~
www.unchaindogs.net

Natural Balance vs. Blue Buffalo 19 Mar 2010 11:54 #204189

• weimamama
...they actually reformulated the Duck to include more duck and not duck meal! the LID is carb heavy , but it's no grains. For a dog w/ pancreatitis lower protein is easier on them.

Old Dogs Rule

hotdogjunie.blogspot.com

Natural Balance vs. Blue Buffalo 19 Mar 2010 13:00 #204225

• idaviruma
  • Wise Old Weim
  • Thank you received: 4
I understand if a dog has a medical condition and needs to be on specific diet, but otherwise, its not worth the money. Duck by itself will still not be in the first 3 ingridients, since its listed based on weight and meat is 80% water, once its removed the main ingridient becomes potato and potato protein.
Please take a moment to check these great organizations, they need our help!
~ Help Save One~
www.helpsaveone.org

~Coalition to Unchain Dogs~
www.unchaindogs.net

Natural Balance vs. Blue Buffalo 19 Mar 2010 13:38 #204230

• dewfen
  • Thank you received: 1
I'm fine with NB - we were on it a while back and Rudy decided he didn't want his Duck anymore and I wanted to get everyone on one food so switched them. He can't tolerate chicken - which I thought was a bit weird - and at the time it appeared that lots of other brands of food had chicken or chicken meal as one of the first few ingredients with some throwing it in a bit further down the ingredient list. Tried all of the different Lamb and Lamb meal foods and the gas was just too much for me to deal with. Fish based foods is a not a crowd pleaser either. I did notice that the protein count is a little lower on some of the NB foods but I'm also ok with that since I mix in cooked chicken and veggies (Rudy gets cooked beef or turkey and veggies). As someone posted a bit ago about a cheaper brand food, I think it all depends on the dog and what they do best on. Mine all did good on NB so we're going back. Will be nice to get them all on one food again.

Natural Balance vs. Blue Buffalo 20 Mar 2010 07:17 #204329

• scrbear11
  • Wise Old Weim
I love NB- Just wish it was so expensive! I also wish they had a grain free formula with a little higher protein for the Aussies who are working dogs.
"Animal lovers are a special breed of humans, generous of spirit, full of empathy, perhaps a little prone to sentimentality, and with hearts as big as a cloudless sky" John Grogan, Marley and Me
RIP Dooley, 4/30/05 to 7/29/08. RIP Cyrus 9/24/09

Natural Balance vs. Blue Buffalo 22 Mar 2010 09:59 #204705

I had my weim with allergies on NB for a long time he did well but I stopped using it because of the low protein. He works hard and needs alot more. I use The Honest Kitchen and switched his kibble to Natures Logic. They are a higher protein and I also found they are willing to answer more questions about their foods.
www.natureslogic.com
Good Luck, Linda

Natural Balance vs. Blue Buffalo 22 Mar 2010 10:36 #204717

• weimamama
TRY THE NEW BISON AND SWEET POTATO... it may be the line that they use to phase out the AMP because it is grain free and higher in lean protein!

Old Dogs Rule

hotdogjunie.blogspot.com
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds