HomeForumGeneralGeneral Weim DiscussionHave you ever seen weimaraner pit bull puppies?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Have you ever seen weimaraner pit bull puppies?

Have you ever seen weimaraner pit bull puppies? 18 Aug 2009 21:38 #174347

• aqua
  • Puppy
He's gorgeous and looks a lot like my pit mix. She's supposedly one-fourth lab but has golden eyes and that weimaraner color that I've seen on other pit bulls or mixes. It's sometimes called blue fawn. My pup has white on her chest and feet and doesn't have that stocky pit bull build, either. There's another type of pit bull, though, that is also not so stocky.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Have you ever seen weimaraner pit bull puppies? 06 Sep 2009 11:28 #176793

This is Stormy she is 7 months old And from what I am told she is Pitbull Weimaraner mix I have seen Pitbulls that have the same markings as her but she has a larger snout and longer legs she is a really smart dog.

Have you ever seen weimaraner pit bull puppies? 06 Sep 2009 12:55 #176798

Weimapit wrote:

This is Stormy she is 7 months old And from what I am told she is Pitbull Weimaraner mix I have seen Pitbulls that have the same markings as her but she has a larger snout and longer legs she is a really smart dog.

GORGEOUS!
April Mallon

Have you ever seen weimaraner pit bull puppies? 16 Sep 2009 10:18 #178297

I have a weim cross pitbull. Mother was a light tan purebred red nose pitbull and father was a chocolate coloured weim.
His names Bailey and he's about a year and a half now.
One of the most amazing dogs I've ever owned. He's really smart with loads and loads of energy and great with other dogs and people.

I have pics of him as a puppy. He came from a litter of about 9 and they were coloured between light tan, tan and a dark brown.
And despite what most would think, they were gorgeous puppies. I was told by his puppy trainer that the unusual mix could lead to back problems for him later in life due to unusual body proportions. So far so good, though he is still young

He actually does look like a cross between the two. His ears aren't as long and he's a bit more meaty than most weims and has a big chest but a little more dainty than a pitbull with longer legs and a more pointed nose
I came across a weim breeder a little while ago and she could see it in him.
His vet reckons he's still gotta little more growing left in him.
this is bailey about 4/5months ago

Have you ever seen weimaraner pit bull puppies? 16 Sep 2009 18:20 #178381

I just dont trust pitbulls ive only known 3 pitbulls and all 3 were very nice for years till one day all 3 bit someone for no reason one was a child. All 3 have been put down thank god. I think just like you can't stop a hunting dogs instinct for prey you can't stop a pitbulls instinct to fight and attact if you want a terrier get a american staffsire they look the same only a little smaller. A weim pit mix could be a dog that looks like a weim that wont hunt and attacks people or other dogs sounds like a way to give weims bad names.

Have you ever seen weimaraner pit bull puppies? 17 Sep 2009 00:33 #178469

• aqua
  • Puppy
Pit bulls were bred to attack dogs, not people. In fact, they were especially bred to NOT be aggressive to people so their "handlers" could step in and stop a fight if they wanted to. In England, they were called "nanny dogs" because they are so tolerant of children and I have seen this in them. Those who attack people have usually been abused by people. Dog aggression is something one has to watch for and train against, but people aggression is not a normal behavior for them. Any dog can be abused into being aggressive to people and pit bulls often are, but it does not come naturally to them.

Have you ever seen weimaraner pit bull puppies? 17 Sep 2009 13:27 #178525

INBREEDING DOES ALLOT A STRANGE THINGS TO DOGS AND ALLOT OF PITBULLS ARE INBREED

Have you ever seen weimaraner pit bull puppies? 17 Sep 2009 13:30 #178526

I wish I had the capabilities to upload a picture of my 7 month old sadie mae, her mother is a pit bull. We were told that she was mixed with boxer when we got her, however we have come to the conclusion that she has to be mixed with weimaraner. She is grey blue with a bit of a fawn hue, she has far longer legs than a pit bull and bigger ears. It has gotten to the point that whenever someone meets her they ask if she is a weim. After reading the posts I am more convinced then ever that I definately have a weim/pit mix.

Re: Have you ever seen weimaraner pit bull puppies? 21 Aug 2012 05:47 #283218

• bjall4
  • Puppy
OH my goodness! We've just adopted a dog that looks exactly like this picture of Stormy! Her name is Maggie. I'm stunned by the similarity. I'll try and get a picture on here.
Attachments:

Re: Have you ever seen weimaraner pit bull puppies? 21 Aug 2012 05:53 #283219

• bjall4
  • Puppy
Ok well maybe not exactly, but they sure could be litter mates :) Maggie was found in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Did Stormy come from anywhere near there?

Re: Have you ever seen weimaraner pit bull puppies? 21 Aug 2012 10:44 #283232

• rfbjerken
  • Champion Weim
  • Thank you received: 126
I will pray for good homes for all the puppies, but I agree, he needs to be fixed. There are way to many dogs out there already without homes.

My last weim Buster was not fixed, but he also did not roam, never had any puppies, he was such a great dog!

Re: Have you ever seen weimaraner pit bull puppies? 21 Aug 2012 13:41 #283241

• woodylane
  • Wise Old Weim
  • Thank you received: 140
This was a post from 2008. The original poster never stayed here. So we will never know what happened. Hopefully a healthy outcome for all...

We have an un-fixed male in our little village. Billie LOVES this dog. We named him 'go home' a few years ago. He has a friend, 'the other fella'. Sweet dogs. They have both been hiking with us every morning. And now hang in our backyard. Fortunately our pups are fixed. It is the only way to stop the madness of over-breeding and mistake breeding. And, fortunately, there is little support for 'oops' breeding on the internet anymore.

Thank you for rescuing. Any breed mixed or multi-mixed unknown. Pups are great...all of them with caring and loving homes. So many do not have that.

Re: Have you ever seen weimaraner pit bull puppies? 21 Aug 2012 20:53 #283249

• tred709
  • Champion Weim
  • Thank you received: 111
"We named him 'go home' a few years ago. He has a friend, 'the other fella'. Sweet dogs."

baahaaaa. Good one Woodylane. I laughed out loud at that.

TRed

Re: Have you ever seen weimaraner pit bull puppies? 21 Aug 2012 22:41 #283254

This made me think of a pup I had seen up for adoption. If you are interested in seeing what the pups might look like here is the link www.petfinder.com/petdetail/23434101 I can't say I've ever seen one myself or know how they behave but what I do know is that it sure is one adorable dog :)
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds