Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Weim Habits

Weim Habits 10 Jun 2013 10:29 #301626

• MyMya
  • Puppy
  • Thank you received: 1
Just wondering if other weims display similar habits. My 2 year old wakes up and comes to the bedroom at 5:30 am every morning to wake me up. She stands at the side of the bed and whines quietly until I wake up. I get up and let her outside. She has to have her breakfast at 6:00 am or she will bug and bug. She starts whining at 4:00 pm for her dinner and at 8:30 pm she starts pacing around and wants to go to bed. If we are sitting outside in the evening we have to let her back into the house so that she can go to sleep. It is like clockwork. We have had her for about 2 months and she does the same thing everyday. We are waiting to see if she will continue the same routine once the days become shorter in the fall.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Weim Habits 10 Jun 2013 10:34 #301628

• Awalter
  • Wise Old Weim
  • Thank you received: 180
haha yes they definitely have their schedules! Portia is always up at 7 like clockwork to go out. snoozes for a couple more hours and then its go go go until 1/2pm nap! and 10:30/11 its bed time, if we don't go to bed then she turns into a cranky toddler and starts nibbling and barking.

Alexis & Portia

Re: Weim Habits 10 Jun 2013 10:39 #301629

• deba
  • Wise Old Weim
  • Thank you received: 211
They are 2 yr olds that never grow up! And babies have schedules! Hahaha!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Awalter

Re: Weim Habits 10 Jun 2013 10:42 #301630

• Waylon
  • Champion Weim
  • Thank you received: 77
Yeppers Waylon has his routines an rituals but we usually mix his up a bit depending on our schedules an what we want to do an be doesn't mind it keeps him on his toes an mixes things up so they don't become boring same ole same ole
image_2013-06-10.jpg
“Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.” ― Dean Koontz

Re: Weim Habits 10 Jun 2013 10:56 #301633

• Krauser
  • Wise Old Weim
  • Thank you received: 167
:lol: Krauser does the same stuff!!! Except when he's ready to get up and have breakfast, he jumps down out of bed and whines at me. If I don't respond to that, he literally shakes me back and forth until I get up. He jumps up with just his front legs and puts his paws on me and rocks me back and forth!!! I tell people this and they don't believe, so I took a picture of it the other day! See! Lol!

image_2013-06-10.jpg
Sorry, but my dog thinks you're an asshole and I believe him..
Brandi & Krauser

Re: Weim Habits 10 Jun 2013 11:38 #301638

• vasim
  • Young Weim
  • Thank you received: 18
Oh thats such a great pic. oh who would resist Krauser's adorable eyes???? SO CUTE!!!!
Last Edit: 10 Jun 2013 11:39 by vasim.

Re: Weim Habits 10 Jun 2013 11:54 #301641

• MyMya
  • Puppy
  • Thank you received: 1
Krauser - that is funny that he will rock you back and forth. Mine will put a big paw up, but no rocking. They certainly are entertaining animals.

Re: Weim Habits 10 Jun 2013 12:45 #301648

• patty
  • Adult Weim
  • Thank you received: 44
Yes, that's Weim. Blue decides our morning schedule. He tells us when it's time to get up. And that's OK. I was thrilled to death when he finally decided we should sleep for 6 to 8 hours a night.

Re: Weim Habits 10 Jun 2013 13:02 #301650

• weimardonut
  • Adult Weim
  • Thank you received: 68
patty wrote:
I was thrilled to death when he finally decided we should sleep for 6 to 8 hours a night.

Ohmygosh, I'm so jealous - Salem is about 9 months old and he still insists I need to get up every 4 hours. :pinch: When did 6 to 8 happen for you, do you remember?

Since I put a baby gate at the bottom of the stairs, he can't come and physically wake me up. So instead he'll stand on the landing and flap his ears. I hate being a light sleeper!
WEIM4ME'S STARR OF SALEM

Re: Weim Habits 10 Jun 2013 13:11 #301653

• Krauser
  • Wise Old Weim
vasim wrote:
Oh thats such a great pic. oh who would resist Krauser's adorable eyes???? SO CUTE!!!!

Oh, I can't resist, but I do lay there and giggle and pretend I'm still asleep to see how long he will carry on with it. Eventually he stops rocking me and jumps up on the bed hovering over me and whining under his breath and starts pawing me. He has slapped me in the face so many times. He is very entertaining and I love it!
Brandi & Krauser

Re: Weim Habits 10 Jun 2013 13:52 #301660

• Awalter
  • Wise Old Weim
Krauser wrote:
vasim wrote:

Oh, I can't resist, but I do lay there and giggle and pretend I'm still asleep to see how long he will carry on with it. Eventually he stops rocking me and jumps up on the bed hovering over me and whining under his breath and starts pawing me. He has slapped me in the face so many times. He is very entertaining and I love it!

haha Portia is a big face slapper. Last night it was 5 minutes until my show (game of thrones) was over and she starts doing her door dance. We were like "HANG ON FOR 5 MINUTES!!!" (I swear she knows right when we're really into something on TV, but that is a different thread) and she comes over whining and grumbling. Finally jumps on the couch and SMACKS ME in the face after I said to calm down! :pinch: :lol:

Alexis & Portia
Last Edit: 10 Jun 2013 13:52 by Awalter.

Re: Weim Habits 10 Jun 2013 14:14 #301662

• Krauser
  • Wise Old Weim
Awalter wrote:
Krauser wrote:
vasim wrote:

haha Portia is a big face slapper. Last night it was 5 minutes until my show (game of thrones) was over and she starts doing her door dance. We were like "HANG ON FOR 5 MINUTES!!!" (I swear she knows right when we're really into something on TV, but that is a different thread) and she comes over whining and grumbling. Finally jumps on the couch and SMACKS ME in the face after I said to calm down! :pinch: :lol:

Haha! Never fails!! Krauser bothered me the whole hour GoT was on last night!! Off subject and I'm sorry, but I was disappointed in the finale! :(
Brandi & Krauser

Re: Weim Habits 10 Jun 2013 15:03 #301666

• Awalter
  • Wise Old Weim
Krauser wrote:
Awalter wrote:
Krauser wrote:
vasim wrote:

Haha! Never fails!! Krauser bothered me the whole hour GoT was on last night!! Off subject and I'm sorry, but I was disappointed in the finale! :(

Me too! I was hoping for Joffreys wedding :evil:

Alexis & Portia
The following user(s) said Thank You: Krauser

Re: Weim Habits 12 Jun 2013 15:49 #301855

I guess I got really lucky with my Jimi as he adapts to me on daily basis. We do not have the specific routine but i like to stay up late and then sleep until noon :) And so does Jimi-if he wakes up and sees I am sleepy he will just reposition and carry on-if there are emergencies and he really wants to go out he would whine and i would take him and then back to bed. It goes the same if I have to wake up early he will just wake up with me..or if I go snoozing in the afternoon he will come and throw his entire body on me and fall asleep immediately :P

Re: Weim Habits 12 Jun 2013 16:11 #301857

• HarrleyDawg
  • Puppy
  • Thank you received: 5
Almost all of the above starting around 6:30 am. Zeta wake us up with head shaking and bumping the bed. Bandit gets up and joins in. If we don't respond a wet nose in the face follows. It's out to potty then breakfast had better be served or dirty looks are in order.

My favorite activity is the nightly patrol about 10 pm. They go out for the last potty break and both dogs trot the perimeter of the back yard side by side. They do one quick lap then slow to sniff and investigate before doing their business and coming in for the night.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.313 seconds