Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Natures domain (Costco) vs Taste of the wild?

Natures domain (Costco) vs Taste of the wild? 14 Oct 2011 07:52 #267105

• krisnkaipo
  • Adult Weim
  • Thank you received: 5
anybody know anything about Costco dog food called Natures Domain fish variety vs Taste of the Wild? We feed Taste of the wild and pay a premium, now am looking at a bag of dog food from Costco that minor research indicates is produced by the same company.

While that is great and I would love to save money, the whole premise (to justify to me the price) is that smaller companies can control the quality of the ingredients. If food is being mass produced for Costco how can they guarantee the ingredients?
Do foolish things, but do them with enthusiasm!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Natures domain (Costco) vs Taste of the wild? 14 Oct 2011 08:14 #267109

• NoVee
  • Champion Weim
  • Thank you received: 38
I don't know any more about this food than what you've already said, but I do know that several companies produce products specifically for Costco under different brand names. The quality is typically comparable as their "private" brand products, so I would expect the same for this food.

Hopefully, someone can chime in with something more specific to Nature's Domain.

::sigh:: y'all forgot my dinner again.

Re: Natures domain (Costco) vs Taste of the wild? 14 Oct 2011 09:03 #267110

• whatagoon
  • Wise Old Weim
  • Thank you received: 105
I looked at this also. The Nature's Domain is TOTW, simply repackaged for Costco. As for the quality of smaller batches, you have to realize that TOTW is owned by Diamond, which is a huge company. They have several brands (Diamond, Chicken Soup, TOTW, etc). So while it may appear that TOTW is a smaller company it is not. Most dog foods are like this. I bought Earthborn thinking it was a small locally produced food, but it turns out it is owned by Propac.

So...if it is cheaper for you at Costco then buy it I say. Like I said I had looked at it, but we would have to feed more on that food than our current so I would only end up saving like $5 a month I think. I was also concerned about it being Costco and sometimes they stop carrying product BUT since it is marketed for them I don't see this happening. And you can always grab a bag of TOTW since it's the same if this ever did happen.
Kate, River & Izze

Re: Natures domain (Costco) vs Taste of the wild? 05 Jan 2012 00:14 #270453

Nature's Domain is only missing the smoked salmon, so it decreases the meat (protein by 1%) and calories by 24 per serving. Other than that, they are identical foods. Its a no-brainer..... I didn't even know about this until I ran into it at the wherehouse....What caught my eye at Costco was that I recognized the back of the bag of Nature's Domain.... the symbols, wording, placement of ingredients, etc. is identical to ToTW. Picked up my first 35 lb bag of the salmon formula for my Gracie who has been on all flavors of ToTW for the past 2 1/2 years, and there is and was no need to "ease this food, or transition over" to it for her. I do not see myself paying $43 and up for a 30 lb. bag of ToTW again if this stuff stays around. :)
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds