HomeForumRescueWeims in Immediate Danger
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Change in dogs bark

Change in dogs bark 05 Jan 2011 03:10 #240085

• river
  • Puppy
Hi All,

I have a beautiful 10 year old boy called River, his bark has changed and become a little bit husky and is now starting to groan. Some advice would be greatly appreciated as not sure if this should be a concern.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Change in dogs bark 06 Jan 2011 19:34 #240214

• pjhootch
  • Champion Weim
  • Thank you received: 44
What do you mean by groan? Does he wheeze or breathe hard after some excercise?

Change in dogs bark 06 Jan 2011 19:40 #240216

One of the weims we hunt with is almost 11 (and can out-hunt any of the young dogs) but anyways his bark is pretty deep and raspy. Their bark gets rougher with age sometimes.

The groan I'm not too sure about.
April Mallon

Change in dogs bark 06 Jan 2011 20:56 #240223

• woodylane
  • Wise Old Weim
  • Thank you received: 140
If it happened rather quickly it could be a concern. The elders get a bit horse/gravely with age.
My senior changed voice over a couple years. From a young high pitched whine/bark/squeel that could
cut cheese or shatter glassware, to a deep goose honk. It did take a couple years but seemed overnight.

Take note of any other changes or discomfort. When my ol' gal hit the senior years, i did some checks
on teeth, gums, eyes, ears, took her temp when she seemed cranky and tender. Sunday mornings.
They get so consistent and pleasantly lazy that we forget to give a good look over for changes.

Change in dogs bark 18 Jan 2011 04:07 #241239

• river
  • Puppy
Hi All,

Thanks for the advice. River has been checked by the vet and found nothing wrong with throat or glands. Bark is back to normal not sure what happened, groaning has also stopped. Not sure what that was all about. Thanks again for the advice.
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds