Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4
Image 5
HomeForumTrainingHunting and Field TrialsIt is getting close to "that time" ...
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: "Weimaraner Savvy": who's read it? Worth buying?

"Weimaraner Savvy": who's read it? Worth buying? 22 Jan 2010 07:44 #194385

• shudog
  • Adult Weim
  • Thank you received: 1
I'm hoping to get a pup later this spring and have been doing a lot of research online & talking to owners & breeders to learn as much as possible about training, health, etc. Alot of my searches bring up this book "Weimaraner Savvy". Just curious who has read it and if you would recommend it? Thanks. Mike
The administrator has disabled public write access.

"Weimaraner Savvy": who's read it? Worth buying? 22 Jan 2010 12:58 #194450

• fireflyweims1
  • Wise Old Weim
  • Thank you received: 26
Who is it by? And what are you looking for informationally?

"Weimaraner Savvy": who's read it? Worth buying? 22 Jan 2010 13:21 #194455

The author is Jan Gould. I read it before I got Anubis and found it to be helpful as a first time Weim owner.
Juan

"Weimaraner Savvy": who's read it? Worth buying? 22 Jan 2010 14:55 #194473

• shudog
  • Adult Weim
http://www.weimaranersavvy.com/1/weimar ... 5QodhR9lyw

I'm sure there are alot of good training tips, but I was curious how many of them are general dog training tips and how many are actually specific to the breed which it is intended...?

"Weimaraner Savvy": who's read it? Worth buying? 22 Jan 2010 15:57 #194485

• brittabarrett
  • Champion Weim
  • Thank you received: 2
I have the book. Purchased it when Britta came home last May.

While the book has some good points, it's not really a "weim-specific book" and Jan Gould isn't a weim owner (and there's nothing in the book you couldn't find elsewhere). I think there are better books out there for your $30 + printing costs (it's an ebook).

Looking back, I can tell you that of what I know about weims, 5% came from a friend who has a weim and book combined, and the other 95% came from this forum.

And for that, I HEART THIS FORUM!

Kim

One more thing: I think a good weim-specific book would have an entire chapter dedicated to "HOW TO PREVENT YOUR WEIM FROM COUNTER-SURFING." :lol:

Weim Savvy did not have such a chapter.
Sharing a home in the Southern California 'burbs with loving husband, goofy weimaraners, edible garden, ginormous kitchen and a flock of chickens.

Weimaraner Travel Journal | www.trailingfriday.com
Recipe Blog | www.rusticgardenbistro.com

"Weimaraner Savvy": who's read it? Worth buying? 22 Jan 2010 20:13 #194539

• shudog
  • Adult Weim
Totally agree. I've been browsing this board for a couple months and most of what I've learned about the health, training, and skills of these dogs has pretty much all come from this forum. Guess I'll put my $30 toward something else.

"Weimaraner Savvy": who's read it? Worth buying? 22 Jan 2010 21:11 #194551

when i got it - they had several other free e-books- none of which were weim specific - but were more interesting than hers

"Weimaraner Savvy": who's read it? Worth buying? 22 Jan 2010 21:29 #194553

• miloandme
  • Thank you received: 131
May I just say that I think it's wonderful that you're doing so much research prior to getting a pup. Weimaraners are awesome dogs but being educated and prepared goes a long way towards having a happy life with one.

"Weimaraner Savvy": who's read it? Worth buying? 23 Jan 2010 00:28 #194573

• brittabarrett
  • Champion Weim
  • Thank you received: 2
miloandme wrote:
May I just say that I think it's wonderful that you're doing so much research prior to getting a pup. Weimaraners are awesome dogs but being educated and prepared goes a long way towards having a happy life with one.

Agreed! I wish I had done that much research myself...

Not that it changes anything. :D
Sharing a home in the Southern California 'burbs with loving husband, goofy weimaraners, edible garden, ginormous kitchen and a flock of chickens.

Weimaraner Travel Journal | www.trailingfriday.com
Recipe Blog | www.rusticgardenbistro.com

"Weimaraner Savvy": who's read it? Worth buying? 23 Jan 2010 02:26 #194585

• shudog
  • Adult Weim
Well I have owned dogs before and I know how wonderful a well trained dog is, but I also understand the time & patience it takes. I think the most important thing I've learned on this board is that there will be ups & downs through the training process. Even the best dogs with the most patient owners still have relapses and bad days. I'm also enjoying hearing everyone's stories of their ups & downs.

"Weimaraner Savvy": who's read it? Worth buying? 23 Feb 2010 13:25 #199621

I bought it just the other day only to realize it is not a book but a downloadable file. I do not have internet at home and am now upset to find this email with a link that had expired... Other sites that offer online books say they are online, and some offer you to buy it on dvd version. I would like to offer input as to if it is a good book, but it appears to not be a book, here I have been watching my house mailbox for something that will never be delivered, and the site did not seem to mention this detail. Maybe I missed it but either way you would think they would make it well know that your mailing address is not to mail anything to. I don't use my email, at least not the one I gave them.
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds