Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4
Image 5
HomeForumHealth and NutritionGeneral HealthGrey/White hairs on tip of tail on 5 month old Weim pup?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Grey/White hairs on tip of tail on 5 month old Weim pup?

Grey/White hairs on tip of tail on 5 month old Weim pup? 03 Dec 2007 10:34 #36793

Ryleigh has a bunch of grey/white hairs on the end of her tail about an inch from the tip and they go all the way around the tail. That part of the tail looks a little frayed where the grey/white hair is as well.

Does anybody know what this is? Or have it happened to their pups?

Maybe she is biting at it? :roll:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Grey/White hairs on tip of tail on 5 month old Weim pup? 03 Dec 2007 10:37 #36795

• weimdawgs
  • Wise Old Weim
  • Thank you received: 7
The white is due to the trauma of the tail docking. Gunnar has a ring of white hairs around the tip of his stumpy. Sometimes it goes away, sometimes, not. Gunnar's did fade, but you can still see white.
weimdawgs

Prince Jacob Raven aka Jake, Rest easy, My Love 7/6/97-2/16/09

Grey/White hairs on tip of tail on 5 month old Weim pup? 03 Dec 2007 10:39 #36796

Even though it has recently showed up in the past 3wks?

Grey/White hairs on tip of tail on 5 month old Weim pup? 03 Dec 2007 10:47 #36798

• weimdawgs
  • Wise Old Weim
  • Thank you received: 7
If it just showed up, it could be that something else happened. It could also be that it is getting more noticeable as she gets older.

If it doesn't seem sore or raw, it really isn't anything to be concerned about.
weimdawgs

Prince Jacob Raven aka Jake, Rest easy, My Love 7/6/97-2/16/09

Grey/White hairs on tip of tail on 5 month old Weim pup? 03 Dec 2007 11:28 #36806

• cathy
  • Wise Old Weim
  • Thank you received: 2
Marley has those. I really don't know why, but it has never bothered her so I don't worry about it. I couldn't tell you when they started either, but she definitely didn't have them as a pup. Ryleigh is probably just getting some of her big girl fur which is why you noticed it now.

"When a Weimaraner doesn't know what it is supposed to do, it can be counted on to do all the wrong things."

Grey/White hairs on tip of tail on 5 month old Weim pup? 03 Dec 2007 12:08 #36827

OK! It doesn't bother her nor is it raw.
You're right it's probably just that she's getting older, the hair changing a bit and I just started to notice the change.

Thanks!! :D

Grey/White hairs on tip of tail on 5 month old Weim pup? 03 Dec 2007 15:12 #36875

• clarkiek
  • Champion Weim
Linkin has this too. I was wondering if I should be worried about it. He does bite at his tail from time to time.

Grey/White hairs on tip of tail on 5 month old Weim pup? 08 Dec 2007 09:27 #38059

• scmeg72
  • Champion Weim
Butler has that silly ring too, sometimes in the sun it looks like its slightly swollen. He also time to time bites at his tail, but moslt doesnt seem to bother him. Ive heard that it happens alot when breeders dock the tails themselves. Butlers sister Bonnie however has a perfect little puppy tail!

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
-Gandhi
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds